Knowledge and Resource Hub
Welcome to the Knowledge and Resource Hub. Here you will find useful information for your business and your money, tax information, tax strategies and news from AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants.
Latest News from AVASK
Join the Global Expanders TODAY!
The Global Expanders is an online community that AVASK founded to allow e-commerce entrepreneurs to unlock their potential and expand into global marketplaces with confidence...
Join our community today!
From writing a business plan to VAT issues, this section contains a constantly-updated resource of useful information for businesses. Browse the topics below or use the site search feature to find the articles you need, then contact us for advice specific to your particular circumstances.
Starting a Business
- Buy, HP or lease?
- Expansion - is your business ready?
- Keeping an eye on your cashflow
- The General Data Protection Regulations
- The value of outsourcing
- Making Tax Digital for individuals
- VAT - Making Tax Digital
- Bribery Act 2010
- Capital Allowances
- Cash basis for the self-employed
- Criminal Finances Act 2017
- Charities in England and Wales: trustees' responsibilities
- Charities in Scotland: trustees' responsibilities
- Employed or self-employed?
- Employer Supported Childcare
- How long you should keep books and records
- How to gain the most from your accounting records
- Husband and wife businesses
- Preventing late payments
- Recent changes to apprenticeships
- Salary sacrifice
- Take care to avoid a penalty
- The Construction Industry Scheme
- The National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage
- An introduction to Corporation Tax
- Companies - getting the timing right
- Company secretarial duties
- Corporation Tax self assessment
- Directors' responsibilities
- Forming a limited company
- How much dividend can I take?
- IR35 personal service companies
- Persons with significant control
- Small company accounting
- Statutory records
PAYE, NICs and Benefits
- Car or van?
- Cars for employees
- Employee expenses
- Employing your spouse
- Employment benefits
- Fixed rate expenses
- Minimising the risk of employer compliance visits
- National Insurance
- Payroll - basic procedures
- Payroll - Real Time Information
- Pensions - automatic enrolment
- Pooled cars and vans
- Reform of National Insurance for the self-employed
- State Pension top-up: Class 3A voluntary national insurance contributions
- The Employment Allowance